Take a dip into a whole new world of hummus and try something new. Don’t play it safe and buy your regular hummus, follow this article to spice up your dips! Home-made hummus is the new trend, so jazz up your dinner party with some funky flavours.
How does Spicy Harissa Hummus sound?
- 425g chickpeas
- 70ml lemon juice
- 70g tahini paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the chickpeas and water, into a food processor and blend thoroughly.
- Add the chickpeas and blend again for 1 minute.
- Mix everything around with a spoon to make sure you get everything from the bottom.
- Now blend for another minute.
- Finally add your water and blend again for another minute.
To really impress your guests try adding a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh herbs.
If this recipe tickles your taste buds then you should probably know that it is by Michael Thomas, one of our chefs here at La Belle Assiette, who has his own menu dedicated to Moroccan food. The ‘Moroccan Party Menu’ begins with an appetiser of Michael’s homemade Harissa Hummus served on toasted flatbreads. Are you now catching feelings for Moroccan food? Check out the rest of the menu to explore more great options.
Keep on reading for some irresistible Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 tins of chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 large red pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves, depending on size (pureed)
- High quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Chargrill a red pepper. The skin needs to blacken so it can easily be removed.
- Allow it to cool slightly before removing the skin and the seeds.
- Blend the chickpeas, garlic, red pepper and a pinch of salt together.
- Whilst mixing, add olive oil through the top of the mixer until the desired consistency is reached and the hummus is very smooth.
- Taste the hummus and add salt and lemon juice to taste.
- At this point you might need to add more olive oil to taste.
If you like the look of this recipe, how about looking into our very own Ben Johnson who has created the perfect ‘Middle Eastern Barbecue.’ His mix of traditional moroccan spices make the perfect blend for an authentic and delicious meal. For all you sweet lovers out there, Ben has also included in this menu his idyllic dessert of chocolate mousse with pistachio cream to mix it up.
Looking for something slightly different? Don’t forget that you can filter your search on our website to find your perfect menu.
Our top tip
Hummus can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months! So don’t be shy about your quantities and go overboard if you must.